11/7/12

workout motivations

I hope you all survived the marathon that was election season and that you are having a great "wellness wednesday!"  It has been a long week already and with crazy schedules it can be so easy to skip a workout because you are too tired, busy, bored with your routine, etc.  So today, I thought I would share some of my favorite "motivations" to work out...

1.  A workout gives me more energy.  As frustrating as it is when I am tired and don't want to work out, remembering this always ruins that  "I'm too tired" excuse for me and I get myself out the door.


2.  Working out gives me a justification for eating that bowl of ice cream after dinner.  AND, if we are honest, I am going to eat it anyway so I might as well workout so I don't feel quite so bad about it.




3.  When else can I listen to my favorite pop songs that I am too embarrassed to play in any other setting?  (One Direction, what?!)



4.  Because I am a list-maker, sometimes just putting a workout on the calendar/to do list and then having the satisfaction of "checking it off" will get me out the door.



5. And when all else fails, I resort to the fact that I chose workout clothes as my "outfit" at least 3 days a week and that always makes me feel like I should hit the gym.



What do you do to stay motivated?

xo,



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for MY new workout shorts... wish I looked like that picture in them, though!

    ReplyDelete