1/1/13

2013 goals

Happy New Year!  I hope you had a fabulous night ringing in 2013!  We had a great time over dinner with some friends and a very low-key champagne toast at midnight.

For many people waking up today, resolutions are running through their head.  For some it is a vow to be healthier, to workout more, or to eat less of something.  For others, it is a vow to be kinder, to volunteer more, or to spend more time with family and friends.  While I can appreciate all of these (and actually hope to incorporate many of them into my life in 2013) there is something about the word resolution that seems overwhelming to me.  I think it is because the word resolution conjures up images of deprivation and immediate, all or nothing, change.

So, in 2013 I am not making resolutions.  I am, however, setting goals for myself.  I think the idea of setting a goal lends itself to the mindset that you can work towards it in baby steps - much less overwhelming to me.  While these goals are not immediate, overnight changes, I do think they will be helpful to keep in mind as I move into my final semester of school, take the bar exam, move from North Carolina and (hopefully) start a new job in 2013.  With all these changes on the horizon, here are a few more I hope to make...

1. Spend some quiet time each day.  

2. Learn a new skill.  I'm thinking needlepoint...maybe new Christmas stockings?


3. Drink more water... and maybe less coke.


4. Eat more of this...


5. And these.


6. Use more of these- but in moderation so I don't get hurt.  Tarheel 10 miler anyone?



What about you?  Did you make any resolutions (or goals!) for 2013?

xo,


3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on #1 and #3! Have you seen the Jesus Calling app?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just heard about the app the other day! Do you have it and like it??

      Delete
  2. Love this! Body, mind and spirit.

    ReplyDelete