1/9/13

wedding invitation timeline

Today is my last first day of school...EVER!  How crazy is that?  I feel like I should have a new outfit planned and have my lunchbox and backpack all shined up.  The reality is that I am still unpacking from break and I have no idea where my backpack has decided to live while I have been away.  Such is life!

In other exciting news, today marks the first of a series of "entertaining" posts on Wednesdays.  I thought I would start with a series on invitations this month.  I figure if you don't spread the word you won't have anyone to entertain!  

Today I am starting big- with wedding invitations!  One of the most important things to remember with a wedding invitation is that you need to give people time to plan so they can attend your event.  Whether you are hosting a small BBQ in your backyard or a lavish wedding for 300, it is important to let people know in advance of the big day.  The timeline will vary depending on the type and size of your event, but generally you want to give people as much notice as possible.


Keep in mind, this timeline is approximate and can be adjusted to fit your event.  The only guideline that should be adhered to as closely as possible is sending the invitation 6-8 weeks in advance of the actual wedding.  This gives people time to plan for travel, time off of work, childcare, etc. and gives them a chance to make celebrating with you a reality!

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment