2/26/13

berry and beet smoothie

I know, I know... the name of this post leaves something to be desired.  BUT, rest assured that this smoothie is delicious!  I have been on the hunt for ways to sneak in more veggies (as documented here, here, and here) and Josh might have stumbled upon the perfect solution in this smoothie.

I am not usually a huge smoothie fan (too much hassle and I am always still hungry when I finish), but this smoothie is SO filling.  It is actually meant to be consumed post-workout, but I think it would be good anytime. Plus, there are so many veggies that you can sneak into this recipe that you won't feel bad drinking it throughout the day.  Try it out and let me know what you think!

Berry and Beet Smoothie
Adapted from Outdoor Magazine
Ingredients:
  • 1 carrot
  • 1 beet (Can be peeled, or if your blender can handle it...whole)
  • 1 handful of kale leaves
  • 1 small finger of ginger (Can be peeled, or if your blender can handle it...whole)
  • 2 c. frozen berries (I used a cherry and blueberry blend)
  • 2 c. vanilla almond milk
  • A splash of OJ, if desired
Directions:

  1. Place all ingredients in blender.  
  2. Mix well and serve cold.

Enjoy!
xo,

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! Will have to try it!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com
    Come say hello!
    :)

    ReplyDelete