3/22/13

friday randoms

Happy Friday!  I am so thankful for this weekend, but probably not for the usual reasons.  I can't wait for the weekend because it marks two whole days without meetings or other distractions- two whole days to get down to checking some of the major things off my "to do" list.  First order of business, starting my bar exam application.

I'm not sure what it is, but this week has sucked the energy out of me.  It could be that we are one month until exams (which also means one month until major life transitions like graduation and moving,) or it could just be that I am desperate for some spring weather.  Whatever the case, this week has been a massive effort/attempt at remaining positive and energetic.  Here are a few of the things I have been using to help get me through:

pellegrino and lime
Not sure what it is about the combination of sparkling water and lime, but one sip makes me feel calmer...almost like I'm on a beach somewhere...almost.  

image / image / image
While I haven't employed this technique yet, I am loving the idea of navy blue eyeliner.  This was big several years ago, but I think it is the perfect pop for spring.  I will be getting some this weekend to disguise my tired eyes...look for a review in a few days.

image
Strange as it sounds, using brightly colored pen/markers makes almost any task more enjoyable.  I literally use them everyday- and in every class or meeting.  From writing a grocery list, to editing a paper- doing it in hot pink or lime green just keeps things interesting!



Finally, I love this quote.  It is simple, true, and so important to keep in mind.  This is definitely my mantra for the next few weeks.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
xo,

2 comments:

  1. I agree this week has been quite the struggle, for no apparent reason. I was glad to hear I was not the only one and hope it is better next week! I also agree on the sparkling water and citrus :) As an added bonus it also was a great morning sickness solution when I was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quote... it is sooo true. I may have to borrow it :))

    ReplyDelete