3/25/13

weekend scenes

After my post last Friday about using the weekend to knock some things off the "to do" list, I am thrilled to report that I made a dent!  Worked on my bar application, almost finished my financial management project...check and check.

The best part of the weekend was that I had time to ENJOY it.  It was one of those weekends where you just take a deep exhale because you are staying home for the first time in a while.  It was one that I hope will recharge me for this week.  

Here are a few of the highlights:

Had to leave the house for a few hours for our buyer to come through with a contractor.  Perfect excuse to try out the new bakery in town...Rise.  It was delicious and as you can see, we had a tough time making a decision.  Since I am trying to "limit my sugar intake" (something I do such a great job of as you can tell), we literally tried a bite or two of each and then called it a day.  Worth the sugar rush for sure...but I still couldn't tell you which was my favorite!


chocolate pudding with toffee :: pineapple with basil cream and pistachios ::  apple turnover :: chocolate coffee cake
After we hit the bakery, we still had some time to kill so I ran into Target.  All I can say is run don't walk to your nearest store- they have these shirts in lots of colors- can we say splendid knockoff?  I got the yellow, but I am thinking I will go back for more- you know me and buying things I love in a variety of colors!
don't mind the look of intense concentration...still trying to master the art of photographing myself in a mirror!
Saturday night we headed to Raleigh for dinner with our newlywed friends Orla and Dara.  They just moved into an adorable house near downtown and we loved getting to see a little bit of their new life.  We had a delicious dinner and got caught up... AND we even found a new crowd-pleasing white wine- definitely worth a try.

orla and annie

kim crawford :: sauvignon blanc


Sunday after church it was cold and raining and Josh and I decided to treat ourselves to brunch.  We finally got to try the french restaurant we tried to go to a few weekends ago and it was excellent.  Sunday brunch is definitely the way to go- sweet and savory options, good coffee, and fresh french bread means you can't go wrong.

crepe breton with egg and goat cheese
All in all it was a great weekend.  My Barbri books did come in the mail and as I mentioned in an instagram post...no filter in the world can make these look better.  To temper my dismay at how high the books stack, I grabbed these chocolate bars at Fresh Market.  Chocolate makes everything better and these just might be some of the best I have had in a long time- snag some next time you are in the mood for a treat (and then email me to ask how my cutting back on sugar is going!)

no caption can make this look better either...

yum

How was your weekend?  Did you do anything to help you recharge for the week?

xo,





1 comment:

  1. LOVE the shirt! Yellow looks great on you! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete