4/11/13

warm weather make up

Hello Friends!  We have had a rapid and unexpected blast into summer-like temperatures around these parts and it has made me re-think my makeup routine.  While I don't typically wear too much makeup, warm temps make me want to wear even less.  I think it's a product of the heat, humidity, and desire to be able to jump into a swimming pool at a moment's notice without emerging looking like a clown.  With the warmer days of summer fast approaching, here are a few products that I will have in heavy rotation: (and likely into the fall, winter, and spring!)

1. Boscia BB Cream.  Boscia considers themselves to be a skin-care line, not a makeup brand.  The result is this BB Cream that goes on smoothly, provides SPF, and never clogs your pores.  My very favorite thing about this make up though is that it is a self-adjusting shade.  It really adjusts perfectly and gives me a sheer coverage with a bit of color- almost like I am wearing bronzer and moisturizer in one.  This is literally my favorite product in my entire make up bag...give it a try...year-round!

image
2. Revlon Lip Butter.  I've posted about these bad boys before, and my love affair has only grown stronger since.  I have tried lots of different "drug store" brand lipsticks in recent weeks, but none go on as smoothly and provide as much moisture as the lip butters.  I also love that these go on sheer but can become higher impact if you add a few coats.  Sweet tart is one of my favorite colors- the perfect pop of pink for your lips when you want to be a little more pulled together.
image
3. Essie Nail Polish in Watermelon.  While I used to be partial to OPI, Essie has recently become my "go to" nail polish brand, and watermelon is my "go to" color.  I love a bright polish on my toes to show off my favorite summer sandals, and this is a great shade of bright pink.

image
The last thing in my make up bag this summer will be a cream blush.  I typically use Bobbi Brown's illuminating powder blush, but I want to try a cream blush for summer.  I am looking for a sheer formula that can be layered for intensity.   Do you have a favorite you can recommend?

Here's to warmer weather, icy drinks by the pool, and streamlined make up routines!

xo,


No comments:

Post a Comment