8/19/13

thought for the week

via
While it feels a little strange not to be headed "back to school" this week, I have to admit it is also extremely freeing.  For the first time in a long time, I am waking up with nothing on my agenda except visiting with friends, working on our house, and spending time with Josh.  I know this time won't last forever (jobs and start dates are looming), but in the meantime, I am cherishing my lack of obligations.   

This weekend I realized how precious this time is.  It hit me yesterday that for the first time in years, I didn't have to spend my Sunday afternoon on work, reading, or some other assignment to prepare for the week ahead.  To say I was thrilled to sit by our pool and visit with a friend is an understatement.  It made me so thankful for the chance to spend a few weeks without a schedule, and it made me extra aware of enjoying every moment of this stage in my life.

Whatever obligations you may (or may not) have this week, cherish them.  Time slips by quickly, and each phase and stage of life brings its own blessings.  

How do you make the most of your scheduled or unscheduled time?

xo,


1 comment:

  1. I cherish those unscheduled times! It's so freeing to realize you don't have anything pressing in life.

    xxx
    Jaclyn
    http;//www.loveandbellinis.com

    ReplyDelete