9/3/13

apple snack

After returning from a long weekend in the mountains, breakfast this morning was something of an adventure.  After a quick scan of the pantry, I decided to try to make my own "apple snacks" using a photo that I saw on pinterest last week as inspiration (find me on pinterest here).  I loved this for a make-shift breakfast, but it would also be amazing for an afternoon snack, or a quick, healthy indulgence after dinner.  The best part is that the ingredients are flexible, and you really can use anything you have in your pantry.  Let me know what you think...I will definitely be making these again!

via





Ingredients:
  • 1 apple, thinly sliced
  • Peanut butter (almond butter, or nutella would work as well)
  • Toppings of your choice
    • I used: crasins, chocolate chips, flaxseeds
    • Other options: coconut, raisins, almonds (or any other type of nut)
Directions: 
  1. Spread peanut butter (or whatever base you are using) lightly onto apple slice
  2. Top with your choice of ingredients
Enjoy!
xo,

1 comment: