9/17/13

grilled chicken with herbs


I don't know about y'all but I am constantly looking for new ways to make boneless, skinless chicken breasts a little more exciting.  I do have a few go-to recipes that I can always count on, but I am always up for a new take on chicken.  Last night, I was feeling low on time and creativity, and I found a recipe for grilled chicken with herbs.  I was a little skeptical but decided to try it on a whim (mainly because I had the ingredients on hand and it didn't require prep time to marinate.)  Let me be the first to tell you...it was DELICIOUS.  So good in fact that Josh and I decided to split a chicken breast so we could save the other for leftovers.  Bookmark this, pin this, or go make this right now.  
This is officially one of my new "go to" ways to make chicken.    

Grilled Chicken with Herbs
Original recipe from All Recipes

Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used two chicken breasts with the same amount of seasoning and it worked just fine.)
  • 2 Tbs. olive oil
  • 1 tsp. dried rosemary
  • 1 tsp. dried thyme
  • 1 tsp. dried oregano
  • 1 tsp. chopped garlic
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
    • Full disclosure: I used an Herb de Provence blend and added dried rosemary.  I am not much of a measurer, but I gave the spice blend a few liberal shakes, enough to coat one side of the chicken breasts with herbs. 
Directions:
  1. Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate
  2. Rinse chicken breasts, pat dry with paper towels, and pierce several times with a fork.  Place chicken breasts in a large, resealable bag and add olive oil.  Seal bag and shake to coat the chicken.  Add remaining ingredients and shake well.
  3. Grill chicken breasts on preheated grill until juices run clear and an instant read thermometer reads at least 160 F.  (About 15 minutes.)
Enjoy!
xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment