9/4/13

transition into fall


navy / tan / cream 
grey / dark grey / chambray
As the temperatures in Florida continue to rise (100+ today!), I am shifting my mindset and closet into fall.  While I wish we had crisp temperatures to look forward to, in Florida it will stay warm through October at the very least.  All that to say, I firmly believe that it is time for the white pants and fabrics of summer to rotate to the back of the closet and make room for more fall appropriate choices.  I will admit that this is a VERY difficult thing to do in Florida.  My trick is to find light weight options in more neutral colors.  Eventually, I would pair any of these tops with black skinny pants and boots (or jeans and flats) for a warm-weather fall look.  For now, I would sport these with dark shorts or skirts, or maybe even a pair of slim ankle pants if I was feeling extra brave about the temps outside. 

Do you have any fun pieces or tricks for navigating this transitional time of the year?  Check back next week for more "transitions" to fall despite searing temperatures.    

xo,


No comments:

Post a Comment