11/21/13

X Bench Makeover

Remember waaaay back when I told you about some of my favorite blogs in this post?  Just in case you've forgotten, I want to re-introduce you to Becky's blog, Cup Half Full.  Becky has an incredible eye for design, AND she is fearless about her DIY projects.  While I always look to Becky's blog for inspiration, I can't claim to have followed through with too many DIY projects.  A few months ago, however, she posted an X-bench makeover tutorial that I knew I had to try. 

sources: benches // spray paint // fabric

After pumping myself up, finding fabric, and driving to every Target in town to find the benches, I got to work.  I have to say I am pretty happy with the way they turned out.  Be sure to check out Becky's blog for more great design ideas.  
I think an Ikea Rast makeover is next on my list!  

What do you think?  Are you brave enough to DIY?  

xo,

10 comments:

  1. I love the addition of X benches to any room, especially a set of two at the end of a bed. Your diy version turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the idea of having them at the end of a bed. Mine will go in our living room once we get there. Painting the dining room today...eek! xo

      Delete
  2. Love how this turned out! It looks so chic and absolutely amazing! Hope your having a great week love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took lots of pumping myself up to decide I wouldn't destroy something in the process, but I'm happy with how they turned out! xo

      Delete
  3. Cute make over! love the fabric!

    Laura

    www.lauradrodesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A) your benches turned out AMAZING!!
    B) you are WAY TOO SWEET to feature my humble little blog
    C) thank you my dear! If you're ever in CA we absolutely need to get together. No questions about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was super nervous, but your tutorial really was perfect. Agreed about getting together in CA or in FL! Hope your week has been great! xo

      Delete