7/1/14

Recipe: Baked Chicken Pesto Parmesan

With longer days, I find myself procrastinating when it comes to making dinner.  Lately, I haven't even been starting dinner until sometime after 8pm.  While this usually isn't such a big deal, on nights when I am HUNGRY, I want a meal that will have me at the table sometime before 9 or 10pm.  Luckily for me, I stumbled across this super easy and delicious recipe on one of those hungry nights.  I was looking for a little inspiration for my plain chicken breast cutlets, and this was one of the first recipes I came across in a quick google search.  It's delicious and filling and you likely have all of the ingredients on hand.  Best of all?  It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare and only 20 minutes to bake.  Keep this one on your short list - it's fabulous.


Baked Chicken Pesto Parmesan
Recipe adapted from Iowa Girl Eats

Ingredients:

  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin (I used chicken cutlets)
  • 1/3 c. prepared pesto
  • 1 c. marinara sauce
  • Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Parsley (for garnish)

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. Place chicken in a baking dish and season both sides with salt and pepper.
  3. Lightly spread pesto onto both sides of the chicken.  (I used my hands for this.)  Pour marinara sauce over the chicken.
  4. Top each piece of chicken with fresh mozzarella cheese.  (I used several slices to cover the length of the chicken cutlets evenly.)
  5. Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil.  Bake for 10 - 20 minutes (depending on thickness of chicken breast.)  Remove foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes to brown cheese slightly.  
Enjoy!

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment